Water Stone Energy is in the business of providing renewable energy related products and services, not personal information. Water Stone Energy collects source data for its products and services primarily from publicly available sources. We then make every effort to remove any personal information from that source data before using it.
However, as described in more detail below, we do collect and use some personal information to service our customers, reach potential customers and manage our business generally.
Collection and Use of Personal Information
We may collect information about your identity, contact details and interactions with us and our products or services when you (or the organisation for which you work) contact us or use our website, products or services.
We may also collect information about you:
- in the normal course of day to day business (for example, if your colleague refers us to you or if you apply for a job with us); and
- from publically available sources (for example, social media or the website of the organisation for which you work).
We may collect, use and disclose information about you so that we can:
- manage our relationship with you or the organisation for which you work;
- respond to your requests for our products or services;
- supply and support the use of our products and services; and
- tell you about Water Stone Energy products and services that may be of interest to you or the organisation for which you work (if you do not want to be contacted in this way, you can let us know by using one of the methods set out in the ‘Contact Us’ section below).
A cookie is a piece of text which asks permission to be placed on your computer’s hard drive. Once you agree (or your browser agrees automatically if you have set it up in that way), your browser adds that text in a small file.
We may use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to user needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is de-identified or removed from the system. Denial of a traffic log cookie may prevent you from using our website.
Disclosure and Security of Personal Information
Personal information may be shared within Water Stone Energy. We may also disclose personal information to consultants and other third parties who provide business support services to us, such as website server hosting and information technology systems.
Information security is very important to Water Stone Energy and we store any information we hold about you in our own premises and systems or in a trusted third party. Our security measures to protect information about you include:
- training our staff to handle information about you in accordance with the Privacy Act;
- ensuring that whenever information about you is disclosed to a third party, this party also has appropriate data handling and security arrangements;
- protecting our information technology systems from unauthorised entry with passwords; and
- protecting our premises from unauthorised entry with alarms and swipe cards.
Accessing and Correcting Personal Information
You have the right to:
- access any information we hold about you; and
- request that any incorrect information about you be corrected.
You can contact us to ask for access to any information we hold about you or the correction of this information by using one of the methods set out in the ‘Contact Us’ section below.
We do not usually charge any fee for providing access to the information we hold about you. However, we reserve the right to charge a reasonable access fee if we are required to spend significant amounts of time locating, compiling and explaining the information you request. If we do intend to charge an access fee, we will provide you with an estimate and confirm that you would like us to proceed before we process your request.
Making a Privacy Complaint
If you are concerned about our handling of your privacy, you have the right to make a complaint. You can do so by contacting us using one of the methods set out in the ‘Contact Us’ section below.
We will acknowledge receipt of your complaint and provide you with the name and contact details of our investigating employee. We will review your complaint and try to resolve it as soon as possible. If it will take more than two weeks to resolve your complaint, we will keep you regularly updated on our progress.
If you are not satisfied with the way we handle your complaint, please contact us again to let us know why you are not satisfied so that we can try to better address your concerns. You can also contact the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner by calling them at 1300 363 992, online at www.oaic.gov.au or by writing to the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner, GPO Box 5218 Sydney NSW 2001.
Changes to this Privacy Statement
We may amend this Privacy Statement as our business requirements or the law changes. Any changes to this Privacy Statement will be updated on this website, so please visit periodically to ensure that you have our most current privacy statement.
In this Privacy Statement, "we", "us" and "WSE" means Water Stone Energy ABN 76 488 708 132.
You can contact Water Stone Energy about any privacy related issues at:
Postal address: Water Stone Energy, PO Box 703 Bentleigh East VIC 3165
Telephone: +61 (0) 3 9913 5297